Winter Getaway Makeover

Kristen von Riesen - Pure Anada Makeup Artist


My husband and I (and now our baby!) try to get away every winter for our holiday. It is our slow season for work, so it is the perfect time for a getaway.

I like to keep my makeup routine bright and simple when I go on hot holidays. This time I went for a neutral eye look with bright cheeks and lips.

I added a little more makeup to this look for the sake of photography, but I will tell you right now that not all these steps are necessary! My basics are: concealer, brows, a little eyeliner and mascara, and bright lips. The rest is just fun!



















The Look:

Skin: Take care of that skin in winter by cleansing regularly and moisturizing (I use Delectable Raspberry Cleanser and Berry and Bouquet Hydrating Cream).

Foundation: On hot holidays, I tend to use tinted moisturizer, however my skin is a little more troublesome lately (that darn post-partum stage!). So instead I went with a little more coverage by using liquid foundation in the shade Atlantic Bisque. I drench my face with Garden Facial Mist first, then squeeze out a small amount of foundation onto my fingertips, and spread it all over my face. I am a fingertip-application type of a gal, but feel free to use our Flat Top Foundation Brush if you prefer that kind of application.

Concealer: I'm am in desperate need of that tropical sun right now! It does wonders for the skin. Regardless, I use liquid concealer in the shade Porcelain. I also apply concealer with my fingertips

Cheeks: Forever Summer Pressed Mineral Blush for the cheeks, applied with the Deluxe Blush Brush. Bronzed Clove Pressed Mineral Bronzer applied with our Flat Top Foundation Brush, along the hairline and upper cheekbones for that sweet summery glow.

Brows: This isn't everyone's everyday necessity, but it is one of mine! I use Loose Mineral Brow Powder in the shade Cliff and apply it with the angled liner end of the Duo Eye Brush.

Eyes: I highlighted with Pressed Mineral Shadow in Darling (under brows and in the inner corner of the eyes). Then I smudged Pressed Mineral Shadow in Macchiato all over the lid and under the eyes, generously. Instead of eyeliner, I used Dapper Pressed Mineral Shadow as liner by applying it very smudgy along the upper lashline and winged it out, using our Contour Crease Brush. I layered Black Mascara on my lashes.

Lips: First I applied just a touch of Tin Feather Lipstick in the shade Vintage by using my ring finger. Then I swept on a hint of Tahiti Pink Lip Gloss over top.






Pure Anada - Natural Beauty Blog © . Design by Berenica Designs.