Luck O' The Irish - Green Eyeshadow

Robyn Bergen - Pure Anada Makeup Artist


Spring is here! And with Spring comes the fresh weather and happy, bright colours of a new season! March is such a great month as the snow begins to melt, the temperature rises, and St. Patrick’s Day is celebrated. For this look I created, I really wanted to celebrate the freshness of Spring with some colour, and with St Patrick’s day coming up I figured why not play with green. I then thought, why don’t more people use green eye-shadow? With so many beautiful shades of green to work with, why is it not used more? So here is how anyone can make green work for themselves.

When using a colour like green, some might think that you need to stick to only green, however, I also add brown into the crease to add some warmth to the look and have something that is complimentary to the green.

For this look I used all Loose Mineral Shadows, so I started with the shade Latte which is a nice warm, brown shade that is easy to blend and mix with other colours. I took it all the way from the outer corner and in through the crease and blended it to create this nice, soft brown affect using the fluffy Blending Eye Brush.

I then added our lovely green onto the lid. I used the shade Emerald Isle to get the beautiful green that I was looking for. I used the flat shadow end of the Duo Eye Brush and stamped the colour onto my eye lid, being sure to get an even amount of colour across the whole lid. After placing all the pigment I wanted, I took the fluffy Blending Eye Brush once again and blended the top of the Emerald Isle into the crease just slightly - making sure that it wasn’t over powering the brown that was above it.

In the inner corner I added Lime Sorbet, a really pretty warm, lime colour. This created a fun highlight in the inner corner. After doing that, I took the angled side of the Duo Eye Brush and wet the brush just slightly, I then dipped it in the Lime Sorbet and placed it in the water line on my bottom lash line to add an extra pop!

After adding that extra brightness to the look, I did a little wing on my top lash line using Liquid Eyeliner in the shade Ink and on the bottom, I used the Brown Pureline Pencil. I applied the brown eyeliner sparingly on the bottom and blended it out to be smooth and soft under the eye.

I always curl my eyelashes before applying mascara; it ensures that the curl will hold when you put the mascara on top! I apply two coats of Black Mascara to my top lashes and one to the bottom. I like that you can build up the mascara to have a bolder finish which is what I prefer for my top lashes. Usually for the bottom lashes I just stick to one as we don’t want the bottom lashes to be super bold.

And there you have your green eye-shadow look! I find that this look is fun enough for a night out with the girls, a date, or anything else you feel like doing! So get glammed up and have a good time with it!

For the rest of my face, I used the following products:

Face: Porcelain Liquid Concealer under my eyes and on my eyelids as a base, Porcelain Pressed Foundation


Lips: Rose Gold Glisten Mineral Lip Gloss to keep it soft and fun! 







Pure Anada - Natural Beauty Blog © . Design by Berenica Designs.