Bold Statement Makeup Look

Kristen von Riesen - Pure Anada Makeup Artist
Photos by Cinta Kuhl






We had Amy in the studio recently to do a bold makeup look for us.

And we went a little crazy with colour...

I put together what seems like the most random shades of eye shadow, and I am in LOVE with how it turned out! Let's get right into it!





Get The Look:

Skin: Begin with prepping the skin with Smooth Priming Serum, and whichever moisturizer works best for you! I went with tinted moisturizer today, so I didn't add any additional moisturizer underneath.

Foundation: Tinted Moisturizer in Very Fair. Liquid Concealer in Very Fair under the eyes. For more coverage, I used Loose Mineral Foundation in Atlantic Bisque.

No need to add anything to Amy's perfect brows!

Cheeks: I contoured using our Alluring Contour Powder. Afterglow Highlight Powder was the perfect glimmer to add to her cheekbones. I kept her cheek colour warm with Fresh Mandarin Pressed Powder Blush.

Lips: When going so bold with the eyes, I like to keep the lips more neutral. So I used a touch of Persuasion Lipstick for her gorgeously full lips.

Eye Shadow: 
This was the most fun part!
I began by highlighting her eyes with Sweetheart Eye Shadow, applied right under the outer half of the brows, and the inner corners of the eyes.
I created a strong base for the blue shadow by foiling (applying damp) the shade Reminisce, and dabbing that onto the lid.
For the crease, I swept on Peachy Pie Shadow, followed by Autumn Rain to deepen it. 
To get that really dramatic smoky eye look, I applied Java Loose Mineral Shadow to the outer corner and a little into the crease.
I then took Bahama Blue, such a gorgeous teal blue, and dabbed it over top of Reminisce, very intentionally.
Under the eyes, I smudged Java, then Autumn Rain, and finally Peachy Pie, for a beautifully layered smoky eye.

Eyeliner: I didn't even really use eyeliner for this look, with the exception of applying Black Pureline Pencil to Amy's waterline.

Mascara: Lots of Black Mascara on both top and bottom lashes.










Pure Anada - Natural Beauty Blog © . Design by Berenica Designs.