Autumn Smoky Eyes

Kristen von Riesen - Pure Anada Makeup Artist

Change of seasons means change of makeup look! Oh, I love change. I know, it's weird. Many are reluctant to change, but I just love it. I come by it honestly, everyone in my family likes change!

And I love Fall! I mean, don't get me wrong, I would prefer that the warmth of summer stick around (all year round...), but Autumn is simply beautiful.

I am not one for ultra warm-toned makeup (as I have a cool undertone), but every now and then I like to change it up. And did you know that there is such a thing is a cool brown? Not all brown has a warm undertone.

For this look, I used a few of our more neutral/cool browns - Macchiato and Coffee eye shadows. And I kept the lips also a little neutral/cool by using our new lipstick shade Persuasion.




The Look:

Foundation: Tinted Moisturizer in Light (applied with fingertips) with Loose Mineral Powder in Pacific Tan blended over top (applied with the Flat Top Foundation Brush in downward strokes).

Concealer: Cream Concealer in Light applied just under the eyes and on the eyelids.

Brows: Loose Mineral Brow Powder in Cliff.

Blush: Pressed Blush in Fresh Mandarin, applied to the apples of my cheeks and smoothed back toward my ears.

Contour: Contour Powder in Alluring, applied under the cheekbones (in the hollows of the cheeks), along the jawline, and to the sides of the nose (very slightly). I am not one to spend much time on contouring...

Highlight: Just the slightest hint of Highlight Powder in Ethereal to the cheekbones and the tip of my nose.

Lips: This is my favourite new Pure Anada lipstick shade, called Persuasion.

Eyes:

Highlight: A touch of Luminous Loose Mineral Shadow in White Diamond applied to the inner corners of my eyes.

Base: Begin with Pressed Shadow in Macchiato blended over the whole lid and into the crease. Then apply a generous amount of Matte Loose Mineral Shadow in Coffee to the lid, and blend ever so slightly into the crease.

Eyeliner: This is the best part! Ok, First I smudged Macchiato shadow under the eyes with our Blending Eye Brush. Then on the top lid, I started with Black Pureline Pencil eyeliner along the whole lashline. Then I applied our Black Mascara as eyeliner with an angled liner brush over top of that (I find that using the pencil first creates a great outline for me to follow with the mascara). And THEN I applied Gilded Liquid Eyeliner above the black liner.

Mascara: Loads and loads (of course!) of Black Mascara.










Pure Anada - Natural Beauty Blog © . Design by Berenica Designs.