Sultry Makeup Look

Kristen von Riesen - Pure Anada Makeup Artist

Today is my anniversary! 9 years already, now that is hard to believe.

For an anniversary look (and I tend to do this for a Valentine's look too), I like to focus the attention on my eyes. Focusing on the eyes doesn't mean you have to do a smoky eye, like this look. Something bronzy golden and bright, or romantic cat eyes are so flattering. Keeping it light and sweet on the lips is the way to go.

But, hey, this look is not only for a date night! This is a great look for going out with your girlfriends, to a party (Christmas is coming up!), or if you have a Halloween costume that requires a smoky eye look.

Let's get into it.




THE LOOK:

Face: I began by mixing a little Liquid Foundation in Atlantic Bisque with my moisturizer Berry & Bouquet. Then I smoothed on some Loose Mineral Foundation in Sunkissed Canadian.

Concealer: I patted on a little Liquid Concealer in Very Fair under the eyes.

Brows: As usual, I applied Loose Mineral Brow Powder in Cliff.

Cheeks: Just a touch of Pressed Blush in Forever Summer (because it is so bright!) on the apples of my cheeks.

Contour: Loose Mineral Contour Powder in Alluring - under the cheekbones, along the sides of my nose, and even a hint under my bottom lip (to make it look more pouty!).

Highlighter: Loose Mineral Highlighter in Ethereal on my cheekbones and along the bridge of my nose.

Lips: Keep it bright and light with Glisten Mineral Gloss in Morganite with a touch of Opal over top to cool off the colour (as I have a cool undertone).

Eyes: 

Highlight: A generous amount of Loose Mineral Shadow in Pearl on the tear duct with Bronzing Body Shimmer over top.

Eyelid: Pressed Shadow in Dapper patted onto the lid with the flat side of the Duo Eye Brush.

Crease: Blend Pressed Shadow in Dapper with Pressed Shadow in Clouded together into the crease.

Outer Corner: Just a hint of Loose Mineral Shadow in Black Velvet. It is so black and so matte. Just lovely! But it isn't easy to work with. So leave that out if you aren't comfortable.

Eyeliner: Pureline Pencil in Black along the outer half of the lashline. Blend Black Velvet Shadow over top of that to smudge it in. I also applied Black Pureline Pencil to my upper and lower waterline. Then blend both Dapper Shadow and Clouded under the eyes to intensify the smoky-ness.

Mascara: Loads and loads of Natural Mascara in Black.





Pure Anada - Natural Beauty Blog © . Design by Berenica Designs.