Day To Evening Makeup - Part 1 Day

Kristen von Riesen - Pure Anada Makeup Artist




Today's look is a professional work-appropriate makeup look. In Part 2, I will be bringing this makeover to an evening look.

Keeping your makeup look professional:
- Don't overdo the makeup - keep the eye shadow soft, the eyeliner not too harsh, the lip colour natural or bright.
- Create a flawless finish for your foundation. This means a good skincare regimen underneath, and a medium coverage foundation. The daytime light is lovely, but unforgiving. Now might not be the time to put on a full coverage foundation, because the daylight will show all!
- Keep the heavy contouring and highlighting for your evening look - it can be a little over the top for your professional look.

The Look:

Skincare: 
I began with Smooth Priming Serum, and then Berry and Bouquet Hydrating Cream. Allow that to soak into the skin before applying makeup.

Face: 
I love using Tinted Moisturizer as a base - my shade is Very Fair. Then I apply a few drops of Liquid Concealer in Very Fair under my eyes, by dabbing it with my ring finger. Then a light application of Loose Mineral Foundation in Atlantic Bisque for a bit more coverage, but not too heavy.

Cheeks: 
Nellie Lip and Cheek Rouge is a perfect flush of colour for the apples of the cheeks. I applied it with our Blush Brush. I did apply a hint of highlighter to my cheekbones/temple area - using Afterglow Highlighter.

Brows: 
I didn't film this, but I applied Brow Powder in Cliff to my brows with our angled liner brush.

Eye Shadow:
Highlight: A quick sweep of Whisper Pressed Shadow did the trick - applied underneath my brows, and to the inner corners of my eyes.
Base: A gentle application of Dove Pressed Shadow applied with the Blending Eye Brush, to the eyelids.
Contour: Using the Blending Eye Brush again, I applied Harmony Pressed Shadow to the outer corners of my eyelids.

Eyeliner:
I kept it soft by using Slate Pureline Pencil Liner on my upper lashline only.

Mascara:
Natural Black Mascara on the eyelashes.

Lips:
Eminence Lavish Lipstick.


Find the video tutorial for this look here:










Pure Anada - Natural Beauty Blog © . Design by Berenica Designs.