Summer Shimmer

Kristen von Riesen - Pure Anada Makeup Artist


Today's Get The Look is all shimmer and highlight!

But I will be honest, I don't often do this much highlighter - on my face or eyes. I usually keep it more subtle or non-existent!

My reason being, and I don't say this lightly, is that I am not a huge fan of current makeup trends - and highlighter is a major trend. Don't get mad at me! I have my reasons. And it has nothing to do with the skill level of these trendy artists either. Most of the work is skillfully and intricately done.

But that is just it. These looks are SO intricate and NOT user friendly whatsoever, in my opinion. They are crazy complicated, take a ton of time, and... like 362 steps to achieve! Every now and then I like spending a bit more time on my makeup. But for those who aren't makeup artists, taking their sweet time often isn't an option.

Now that I got that off my chest... let's move on to today's look! Highlighter. It is a super trendy product, and even though I am not a fan of many current trends, there is nothing wrong with highlighter. Highlighter brightens your features, brings to light what may have been hidden, and adds a sweet sparkle to your complexion. So today I used a ton of it!




The Look:

Foundation: Full coverage foundation using Pacific Tan Loose Mineral Foundation over top of Medium Tinted Moisturizer. I used Light Cream Concealer under my eyes and to conceal other blemishes as well.

Contour: Just a sweep of Alluring Contour Powder under my cheekbones and along the sides of my nose.

Blush: Forever Summer Pressed Blush.

Highlighter: I used a generous amount of Gold Dust Luminous Eye Shadow as my highlighter today - both for my eyes and for my cheek bones. On my cheekbones I applied it with a Blush Brush, on my eyes I applied it with a Contour Crease Brush (I like the control that brush provides).

Lips: I started with a hint of Harriet Lip and Cheek Rouge on my lips (applied with my ring finger), and smudged on some Coralberry Lip Shine over top of that. Then just a touch of Abigail Lip and Cheek Rouge on the centre of my lips.

Eye Shadow:
Highlight: Like I said, I used a generous amount of Gold Dust Luminous Eye Shadow on the inner corners of my eyes and under my brows, using a Contour Crease Brush.
Eyelid: I started with a little Sparkling Lemonade Luminous Shadow on the inside of the eyelid, and for the rest of the lid I used Cafe Latte
Outer Corner: I blended Close to Cocoa and Black Tie Luminous Shadows for the crease/outer corner colour. I wanted a warm black (if that makes sense!), which is why I blended these two shades.
Under the eyes: I used Gold Dust on the inner corner, Cafe Latte in the middle, and Close to Cocoa on the outside.

Eyeliner: The eyeliner isn't the star of the show in the look, so I kept it soft with Black Pureline Pencil on the top lashline. I followed that with a thin line of Ink Liquid Liner just along the lashes.

Mascara: Always loads and loads of Black Mascara for me! (although for this look I added a couple individual false lashes on the outer corners of my lashline)






Pure Anada - Natural Beauty Blog © . Design by Berenica Designs.