Holiday Makeup Look

Kristen von Riesen - Pure Anada Makeup Artist



This look may seem simple, but it is anything but! It may not be simple, but I love that it isn't ultra dramatic. So this look will suit many if you want to take the time!

A little sparkle, a raspberry red lip colour, winged eyeliner... these are a few of my favourite things!

Let's get into the details of the look. I want to share a few tricks I have learned over the years. For this look I used Pure Anada's liquid eyeliner (in Ink - black). First of all, I rarely ever use liquid eyeliner without first laying a base with eyeliner pencil or powder. I find that it is SO much easier to get that perfect line if I have made somewhat of a template/guide with another simpler type of eyeliner.

So if you ever see me wearing liquid eyeliner, know that I most likely have eyeliner pencil or eye shadow underneath!

Another little trick I used for my look today is that I am wearing a raspberry red lipstick, instead of a really bold bright red. If you are hesitant to go bold with red lipstick, or think it doesn't suit you (although, I can tell you right now that it does!), go with what I like to call a "light red" lipstick. I used the shade Voila by Tin Feather (my line of lipstick).



The Look

Skin: Your makeup will only look as good as what you wear underneath it, so take care of your skin! I use Smooth Priming Serum with Pure Anada's Face Lotion in Berry & Bouquet.

Face: I went with full coverage foundation today. I began with Liquid Foundation in Atlantic Bisque, then dabbed on some Liquid Concealer in Very Fair (under my eyes), and finished with a full coverage of Loose Mineral Foundation in Atlantic Bisque.

Brows: Loose Brow Powder in Cliff.

Cheeks: Guess what I used for blush today! I went with a plum shade of blush using our Pressed Eye Shadow in the shade Figment. I love how it turned out!

Contour: As always, I used Alluring Contour Powder for a natural contour and bronzing.

Highlighter: I swept on some Afterglow Highlight Powder along my cheekbones and temples.

Lips: As I mentioned above, today I chose the shade Voila by Tin Feather (my brand, distributed by Pure Anada).

Eyes: 
Highlight: Under the brows I used Pressed Powder Shadow in Whisper, and added a touch to the inner corners of the eyes.
Eyelids: I blended Pressed Powder Shadows Ecru and Ivory Tower (love the matte look!).
Crease: Just a touch of Pressed Powder Shadow in Macchiato to add definition.
Eyeliner: Ok, so I began with Loose Mineral Shadow in Black Velvet (applied with the angled liner brush) to create a template for my liquid eyeliner. Then over that, I carefully applied Liquid Liner in Ink. Do you see that touch of gold above the liner and in the inner corners of my eyes? For that I foiled (applied damp) Pressed Powder Shadow in All That Glitters, and topped it off with our Bronzing Body Shimmer for that sparkle. (this would be a great time to use Liquid Liner in Gilded to replace All That Glitters... but for the life of me, I couldn't find mine at home!)
Mascara: Layers of Natural Mascara in Black.






Pure Anada - Natural Beauty Blog © . Design by Berenica Designs.