Day To Evening Look - Part 2 Evening

Kristen von Riesen - Pure Anada Makeup Artist




It is time for Part 2 of our Day to Evening Makeup Look! On to the evening makeover. 

If you are headed straight out for dinner after your work day, or want to add some drama to your daytime makeover to prepare for an evening out, this look is for you!

If you want the details on the daytime look, find that blog here:
Part 1 Day

Day to Evening Makeup Tips:
- Evening is a great time for fuller coverage foundation, but if you pile more foundation over top of what you are already wearing it can create a cakey mess. So just gently apply a little more, for more coverage, or use a setting powder to get rid of shine.
- Glam up the eyes or the lips, but maybe not both... It is always best to focus on one or the other. Add deeper shades of shadow, or a bright/deep lip colour and you're set!
- Contour to your heart's content! It will accentuate the shadow already created by the evening light. Add a bit more highlight as well, to reflect the lovely evening light.

The Look:

Skin: 
I just added a touch more foundation, but this time I swept on Pressed Powder Foundation in Very Fair. I used our Blending Face Brush, so it wasn't too heavy of an application.

Cheeks: 
I left my blush alone, but I did add contour and more highlighter. I contoured under my cheekbones, along my jaw and hairline using Alluring Contour Powder. Then I added a touch more highlighter, using Afterglow Highlighter.

Eye Shadow:
I placed Harmony Pressed Shadow on my eyelids (over top of the Dove that was already there from my day look). I also added some under my eyes as a smudgy eyeliner, using the Contour Crease Brush.
Then I swept Drama Queen into my crease and the outer corners of the eyes. I also smudged a little under my eyes, to the outer half. Another shade that would suit these shades, and create more of a smoky eye is the shade Dapper - I didn't use it, but I recommend it if you are going for even more evening drama!

Eyeliner:
I applied Ink Liquid Liner over top of the pencil liner I had from my day look - just on the upper lashline.

Mascara:
Yes! More mascara! Black is what I used.

Lips:
Since I went more dramatic with my eyes, I am keeping my lips slightly neutral, but still adding more colour than they had for my day look. I used Persuasion Lipstick, with Plum Lip Gloss over top.

Find the video tutorial for this look here:








Pure Anada - Natural Beauty Blog © . Design by Berenica Designs.