Makeup For Special Events

Kristen von Riesen - Pure Anada Makeup Artist



Everyone needs a good go-to look for special events! Whether that is a wedding, a party, a date night - I have you covered. 

I didn't want to go too heavy on the eyes, because I know that can intimidate some. But I definitely wanted this look to feature the eyes. I used our Delicate Palette to achieve this romantic look.


The Look:

Face: I began with Smooth Priming Serum, followed by my current moisturizer Berry and Bouquet Hydrating Cream.

Foundation: Today I used Liquid Foundation in Atlantic Bisque. I followed that with Liquid Concealer in Very Fair. Then to set the makeup, I used Pressed Powder in Very Fair. Using a setting powder is very important for a special event - as those days can often be long. You want to make sure your foundation stays in place.

Brows: Brow Powder in Cliff.

Cheeks: From the Delicate Palette, I used Sweet Pea blush on my cheeks. I contoured with Alluring Contour Powder, and Lustrous Highlighter to highlight.

Eyes: I used each of the shadows from the Delicate Palette. On my eyelids I used Macchiato Eye Shadow, and also smudged that under my eyes. Then I blended the crease with Water Lily Eye Shadow. I gently applied Darling Eye Shadow to the inner corners of my eyes and on the inner half of the eyelid along the lashline. I finished the eye shadows with Haunt Eye Shadow applied to the outer corners of my eyes.

Eyeliner: I used Black Pureline Pencil along my upper lashline, and blended that in with Haunt Eye Shadow.

Mascara: For a special event, I definitely like using Black Mascara. It is more dramatic than Brown.

Lips: I used Persuasion Lipstick with Plum Lip Gloss over top. It is nice to have a bit of colour on the lips for a special event, but not competing with the eyes.

Watch the YouTube video here:







Pure Anada - Natural Beauty Blog © . Design by Berenica Designs.