Bridal Makeup

Kristen von Riesen - Pure Anada Makeup Artist



I think I post a new bridal makeup look every year! It doesn't change much, but there are always small differences year to year. Styles change slightly, popular colours vary, and new products can alter the way I do it!

This year I am using pale peachy pink for an eye shadow, with a smoky outer corner. A thicker line of eyeliner frames the eyes and makes the lashes look bold. An elegant amount of contour and highlight - nothing over the top. And a little blush for that youthful glow. Nude, but not too nude, lips for the finishing touch.



The Look:

Skin - Make sure you prep your skin properly on a wedding day. It is a loooooong day, and starting with a good base will ensure longevity for the makeup. I began with clean skin, then applied Smooth Priming Serum to my whole face. Then a small amount of Mellow Hydrator, which you want to make sure is dry before you start on foundation.

Foundation - I almost always use Tinted Moisturizer for weddings. So I began with that (applied with our Flat Top Foundation Brush), followed by Liquid Concealer under my eyes and on my eyelids as a primer for eye makeup. Loose Mineral Foundation offers a lovely diffused full coverage - so I applied that with our Blending Face Brush. And the finishing touch to the foundation was a small amount of Translucent Pressed Powder to set everything (and bring that along for the day!).

Cheeks - I wanted a small amount of contour/bronzer - so I used Alluring Contour Powder along my hairline, under my cheekbones, and along my jaw. For a natural flush of rosy colour, I applied Dahlia Blush on my cheeks. Then for a natural glow, I swept on Afterglow Highlighter to my cheekbones and temple area.

Eyes - I dabbed on a little Darling Eye Shadow on my tearducts and under the outer half of my brow. Then I swept Rosen Gold Eye Shadow onto my eyelids, and under my eyes. I blended a small amount of Darling over top of Rosen Gold. Then for a contour colour, I began with Pewter Eye Shadow in my crease and the outer 1/3 of my eyelid. I finished off the eye shadow with Dapper Eye Shadow dabbed onto the very outer corner of my eyelid and swept under my eyes on the very outer corner.

Eyeliner - I wanted a thicker line on top, so I began with Black Pureline Pencil along the lashes. I blended that in a little with Dapper Eye Shadow (using the angled liner brush). I finished the eyeliner with Black Mascara, applied with an angled liner brush, just along the lashes.

Mascara - Our mascara is water-resistant, which makes it great for weddings! It is not waterproof, so make sure you dab your eyes if you find yourself teary. I used Black Mascara on both my upper and lower lashes.

Lips - I wanted something nude, but not too nude. I applied a little lip balm early on in the makeover to make sure the lips are moisturized. Then I applied Eminence Lipstick, and blotted with tissue (to help it stay). Then I applied Kiwi Lip Gloss over top, and blotted ever so slightly one final time. If you have a deeper skin tone, or darker lips than mine, then I would suggest using deeper lip colour(s). I always advise brides/bridesmaids to bring along their lip colour so they can reapply throughout the day.




Watch the YouTube tutorial here: Bridal Makeup Look
Pure Anada - Natural Beauty Blog © . Design by Berenica Designs.